Saturday, March 14, 2009

!dM Exhibition: "The Seven Deadly Sins" and "The Seven Virtues" by Elise Capalini

.
We're happy to announce our current exhibition at deviousMind's home sim:

"The Seven Deadly Sins" and "The Seven Virtues"
by Elise Capalini

It was a rather spontaneous decision - but one well worth it! Elise's "Seven Deadly Sins" held me captivated in January already when I didn't even know yet there would be a 'part 2' at a later point. The final idea to exhibit her artwork was born with the fact that after the finishing of our storebuildings, we suddenly had an empty basement to fill - and as poses aren't made that fast, the thought of an exhibition was near. How near though showed when Elise passed one of her newest pictures to the (*chanimations flickr group - "Restraint" is one of 14 stunning images of her Sins & Virtues project, and the way she visualized it made me smirk and well... in a way a bit proud as it featured part of my 'CarouselHorse' and 'Suspended' of the FetishCabaret series. Anyhow, from there the connections to why it MUST be displayed in our sim became quickly apparent... Looking back on her previous 7 Deadly Sins, which she had finished already in January 2009, now the amazing 7 Virtues - it so called for the 'black' and 'white' of our two newest store builds of 'light' and 'darkness' and well... all the empty space. Or better, the empty space called for Elise! *chuckles*


Here's what she tells us about the project and exhibition:

"I first had the idea to do a "wrath" photo a few months back...I'm not entirely sure where the idea came from, only that I do spend a lot of time in my roleplay contemplating good and evil...sins and virtues. From there, it was an easy step to complete the sins.

The virtues...they took longer! A friend suggested it was because I wasn't very well acquainted with them, whereas the sins I knew pretty well.

Thus, this photo series was born. My sincere thanks to Chandra and Lucca for hosting this exhibit... my "restraint" photo would not have been possible without Chandra's amazing props.

If you would like to buy any of the images, feel free to IM me in-world and we can go from there.

Enjoy!"

~elise capalini
March 2009




------------------
You find part one of the exhibition, "The Seven Virtues" in the !dM deviousSkin&Eyes Gallery, and all in the spirit of the art project, part two, "The Seven Deadly Sins" in the basement of !dM deviousPoses. Thank you for coming! Enjoy being devious!

Chandra and Lucca

Teleport? Abraham/106/140/30

No comments:

Post a Comment